|Plus size online clothing retailer, Marisota, recently announced their findings from a study into the tricks that women use to disguise their weight.|
The survey of 2,000 women found that two thirds felt they needed to lose weight, but either lacked the time or the inclination to getting around to dieting.
Instead, nearly 90 percent of the women questioned admitted to using various methods of disguise to give the illusion of a slimmer body.
Here are the 21 instant slimming disguises most likely to be used by women who are feeling a bit on the weighty side.
- Wearing shape wear underwear
- Wearing black
- Long tops to cover tummy and bum
- Wearing high heels
- Breathing in
- Standing-up straighter
- Wearing a padded bra to make your boobs look bigger and waist look smaller
- Wearing a baggy top
- Wearing horizontal stripes to elongate your figure
- Not eating on the day of the event you want to look thin for
- Applying fake tan
- Wearing a big belt
- Wearing high-waisted jeans or trousers
- Standing in between people for photos
- Carrying a big handbag
- Wearing tights
- Hanging out with friends that are fatter than you
- Putting your hair up to make yourself appear taller
- Creating big hair to overshadow your figure
- Applying heavy make-up to draw attention to your face not body
- Wearing massive sunglasses to make your face seem smaller.
10 no diet steps to a super skinny you:
Step 1: Do not eat today.
Step 2: Apply fake tan to parts of body most likely to be on show;
Step 3: Put on your shape underwear, including padded bra;
Step 4: Trowel on the makeup, loads of mascara, eyeliner and bright lipstick to draw attention away from your body;
Step 5: Pull on a pair of tights, though these will be hidden by your high waisted jeans (black of course) which go on next;
Step 6: Choose your biggest, baggiest, horizontally striped top, (preferably dark black and a lighter black), then wrap your big belt around the baggy top to suitably squeeze in your waist;
Step 7: Pile your hair high up on your head, use a donut to create more volume and ensure plenty of wispy tendrils are left to be teased out around your head;
Step 8: Step into your high heels, then stand up straight and breath in;
Step 9: Before leaving the house, put on your massive sunglasses, even if it’s raining and grab your huge handbag;
Step 10: Meet up with your fatter friends and ensure you’re standing between them for the group photo!
Think it’ll work?
You can read more on the Marisota research here:
© Diets and Calories